I will trust and not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and my song,
And He has become my salvation.
Therefore you will joyously draw water
From the springs of salvation.” —Isaiah 12:2-3
- "Are you not thirsty?" said the Lion.
- "I'm dying of thirst," said Jill.
- "Then drink," said the Lion.
- "May I—could I—would you mind going away while I do?" said Jill.
- The Lion answered this only by a look and a very low growl. . .
- "I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
- "Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
- "Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go, and look for another stream then."
- "There is no other stream," said the Lion.
So, I was reading in the book of Numbers the other day, and then I realized I didn’t have yours.
I didn’t believe in predestination until tonight.
I see you already have your glorified body!
How many times do I have to walk around you until you fall for me?
Unfortunately I can’t perform miracles and I only have enough bread and fish for two.
It’s not technically chronological, but it follows the order of the books of the bible. Some songs toward the end are from church history.
- Let There Be, Gungor
- Brother Moon, Gungor
- The Fall, Gungor
- Abraham, Sufjan Stevens
- Samson, Regina Spektor
- Carried to the Table, Leeland (2 Samuel 9)
- Fringes, Shane & Shane (Job 26)
- 23, Matt Papa
- Psalm 46, Jenny & Tyler
- My Portion Forever, Matt Papa (Psalm 73)
- Over the Sun, Shane & Shane (Ecclesiastes (kind of))
- Ezekiel, Gungor
- Acres of Hope, Shane & Shane (Hosea 1&2)
- Micah 6:8, Charlie Hall
- The Incarnation, Sufjan Stevens
- The Lord’s Prayer, Shane & Shane
- The Transfiguration, Sufjan Stevens
- Via Dolorosa, Leeland
- When Death Dies, Gungor
- Roll Away Your Stone, Mumford & Sons
- Alive, Matt Papa
- Church Bells, Gungor
- Wake Up Sleeper, Gungor
- The Great Awakening, Leeland
- Farther Along, Josh Garrels
- Seven Swans, Sufjan Stevens
- Revelator, Josh Garrels